Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 TBR Pile Challenge

So, in an effort to find more time to read (and quit reading the same books over and over), I am joining a second book challenge.

You can find more details about it here, but the general idea is to choose 12 books that you have been meaning to read (i.e., your "To Be Read" pile) and read them by the end of 2011. You can also choose two alternates, in case some of the books you choose end up on the "I can't make it through this book" pile.

Accordingly, here is my list (as mismatched and bizarre as one might expect):
01. Trotsky by Robert Service
02. Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
03. Nudge by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
04. The Hellfire Conspiracy by Will Thomas
05. All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren
07. Time and Again by Jack Finney
08. And the Band Played On by Randy Shilts
09. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
11. American Sphinx by Joseph Ellis
12. Sone of a Witch by Gregory Maguire

Alternates:
1. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (a book I am ashamed to admit I haven't read)
2. Bleak House by Charles Dickens

I must admit that I am looking forward to this. I'm hoping at least one of these books will prove to be good vacation reading for next week! (Maybe I can get one for free as an iBook? That would be extra excellent.)

1 comment:

Roof Beam Reader said...

Just checking-in on your progress for the 2011 TBR Pile Challenge - how are things going so far?!

Also... BIG Giveaways are happening on my blog this week, and TBR Pile Challenge participants earn extra entries for linking to their lists, so be sure to visit my Giveaways section soon! ;)